Mark and I are really thinking hard about switching countries to Ethiopia. The wait with Ethiopia (maybe a year) is not going to be as long as Taiwan. Our wait for Taiwan now is going to be 3 years or longer. I just don't want to wait that long. Summer is turning 6 this December and I don't want them that far apart. If we would have known from the beginning we would not have went with Taiwan.
There are pros and cons with both countries: Taiwan is a little cheaper and we only have to travel once to get our child. However, we have to wait 3 years to get our child.
Ethiopia the pro is that we could get our child a lot faster, but the con is we have to travel twice and it is more expensive. So it is kinda frustrating to us.
Please pray for us that we will make the right decision for us and our family. Please pray that if we do switch to Ethiopia that my dad will be supportive of our decision. He does not like us adopting and will not like us going to Ethiopia to get a child. I don't care where we go or what sex the child is I just want another child to love and to become part of our family. If we go with Ethiopia we might not get Mia we might be getting a little boy. We are going to let them pick for us.
I will be meeting our social worker next week so we will know by then if we are switching for sure. I will post back next week.
Please keep praying for us during this time.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
The McDade Family
- The McDades
- Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.