The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How Our Adopton Story Starts

Mark and I have been married for 8 years . We have one daughter named Summer. I really never wanted any more children. Until one night I put Summer to bed and then Mark and I went to bed. The next morning something seemed different. I told Mark overnight the idea of adoption popped into my head. This was on a Wednesday night. We went to church that Sunday and the whole sermon was on adoption. I started to cry, and Mark really could see that I was serious about this. I truely believe the sermon was talking to me.

There was an adoption meeting at church the following week, but we both had to work. However, on the day of the meeting Mark's car started to mess up. so I could not drive it to work. He had to take off work to go get it fixed. When we got almost to Firestone the car started to drive fine. Nothing was wrong with it. We both felt it was a sign for Mark to go to the adoption meeting with me.

We left the meeting feeling discouraged because of the cost. However, whenever I try to stop listening to God's calling He always finds ways to keep me going. This is the path God has chosen for us. For an example : we decided to forget the whole thing. We went back to church, and the couple who has adopted 3 childen from China were sitting right infront of us. It was like a slap in the face to wake us up. God has a plan for us to adopt, and no matter how we try to fight it, He pulls us back to do His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment