The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New To This

I am new to all this blog stuff. I wish I would have started this blog when we first started the adoption. I had a site on Caringbridge for when we started the adoption process. I want to have a blog so I can stay in touch with others that I might meet who are adopting. I am excited about this journey. However, it is a long one. Mark and I have been doing the adoption process for awhile and we still do not have our dossier sent off yet. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks. Who knows? I never thought it would take so long just to get started. Only the people who have adopted before understands what I am saying.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

    Have you heard back from SHOW HOPE yet?

    Craig G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Craig! No not yet. Thanks so much for writing that letter for us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any news yet? Praying for y'all! cg

    ReplyDelete
  4. No news on the Show Hope it takes up to 3 months for review. We learned yesterday that our dossier is in Taiwan being translated. Keep praying for us!! We really hope to get a referral SOON!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete