The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Grant Money!!

Mark and I received a grant today(1500.00) from our adoption agency. We are so thankful for this. This money will be used for travel. It isn't a lot, but anything will help us out. I have been praying that we would get some financial assistance while we wait for our referral. We still need around 5000.00 for travel. It will come before we have to travel. I can't wait for the day when we get the "call" and I pray that we have all the money we need for travel!!! Please keep us in your prayers that we will get the money and get a referral soon. I pray for all the families who are thinking about adopting, and those who are going through the adoption process, and the families who are traveling to meet their children. I hope it goes well for you and your families!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I know how hard it is to be in the process but not sure where the money is going to come from. I will pray that God will provide the funds for you to bring your little guy home, and that all the doors will be quickly opened for you. You have been waiting such a long time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele!!! Glad everything is going good for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME NEWS! I wish our agency had some grants - I really need to start applying for some of those.

    Great job - any little bit helps! I just heard of another blog friend that switched to Ghana back around the holidays adn just got a referral this week! They were at the same place as us in the process. So that's wonderful - feel like switching, but I still believe in ET
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gail!! We didn't even apply for this grant, but we are so happy to ge it!!

    ReplyDelete