The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend at McDade House

What a great weekend at the McDade house!! The weather has finally become a little warmer so we were able to get outside and do some fun things. Mark washed the cars and the black car looks black again not grey!! Mark, Summer and I went to the park to meet Paul, Angie, and Kate. Summer and Kate are cousins and they love to play with one another. I just wish we could do it more often. We love those guys!!!!
Summer on the tire swing.



Summer and Mommy!!



Summer, Daddy and Mommy!!



Summer trying to climb the wall








We had so much fun with them at the park!!!! I wish Connor was here with us at the park. He would fit in so good with us and Summer. I pray that we will get matched to a little boy soon. His room is ready, we are ready and Summer is ready to be a big sister to him.

Then came home to cook out some hamburgers. Is it spring yet????? I am so ready for Spring to get here!!!

Yesterday we got a letter from our adoption agency explaining to us how we received the grant money. A family gave some money to our adoption agency to give out to some of the families that might need a grant. How inspiring? Mark and I have decided to help others that might need help during the adoption process after ours is complete. I think it would be a great way to give back since someone helped us out. I want to thank this family and we so really appreciate it so much. I did write the family a thank you card and our adoption agency is going to give it to them. We do not know who they are, but I hope to meet them one day in person once our son is here and that he can thank them too. We are so blessed and thankful for this family that they would help another family bring their child home. We thank you again!!!!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are so beautiful! You guys have a great family and I just picture a little Connor in there too! I can't wait to see a picture! And again - we will just pray we get referrals and our families can meet over in ET!

    ReplyDelete