The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Compassion Sunday 2011

This past Sunday, April 10 was Compassion Sunday 2011. Compassion is an organization where you can help children in need. You can help by sponsoring a child in another country while he or she still lives with their parents. Mark and I sponsor two kids from Haiti. We sponsor a six year old girl named Ylcia and a six year old boy named Chedson. We have been sponsoring them for over two years now and we love it!!! We write, send pictures of us and where we live, Summer draws them pictures and coloring pages. They write us back and we get an updated picture of them once a year. We begin start a relationship and it is great to hear from them and their family. You can even give them birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, and family gifts where they can buy food or whatever they might need at that time. Here are their pictures.






I love these two kids that live so far away!! Even though I have never met them I feel like I already know them. They are part of our family even though they don't live with us. One day Mark, Summer, Connor, and I will go to Haiti to meet them and their families. That will be an exciting time for all of us!! I pray for them everyday and I hope they know how much I do love them. It is so cool to sponsor kids and to know that they are doing good while still living with their parents. They get to go to school, church, and special church functions because of our sponsorship.

I believe sponsoring these two kids opened up the doors for us to consider international adoption.
Once we get Connor we will sponsor another child this time from Ethiopia close to the sane age as Connor. Summer loves drawing them pictures and receiving some too. I want the same for Connor.

If you can not adopt a child you could sponsor a child in need. It doesn't cost that much a month and you will be receiving so much more than you will know. Just a thought!!! What are you spending you money on? Is it helping others? If not, why don't you try this out and see if your life changes in so many ways!!
Acts 20:35- " In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ' It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

Please keep our family in your prayers while we wait for a referral of our little boy in Ethiopia. I can't wait for the day when Connor becomes part of our forever family!!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment