The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Not Much Going On

Well, there is nothing new to report about our adoption. I wish there was some good news- like a referral, but not yet. They have not shut down Ethiopia so that is great news to hear. It still might be a while before we get a referral, but it is out of our hands. Nothing more we can do except pray and get ourselves ready for Connor.

I am so ready to get Connor here to become part of our family. I have been really reading a lot of books that will help us get prepared. I have done about 20 hours of training just by reading books. Now I am reading more about the culture, the people, and of course the food. The Ethiopian food is spicy and very tasteful. We made only one dinner and going to try to make some more real soon. I think we might even go to an Ethiopian restaurant soon.

My social worker wants me to research the special needs that we said we could handle and how we would get him help. So I am trying to do this, but it is hard to research something not knowing if he will have these things or if he will be healthy. So I am doing my best. I do have an IA doctor for him already in place. I am trying to find a support group here around Memphis, Tn for Ethiopian adoptees and their families. Have not found that yet. Still looking.....

I am making it part of my daily routine to go somewhere quiet to be with the Lord. I have been doing this on my way to work which takes 45 mins., but then I feel like I am rushing. I need to be still and listen to what he is trying to tell me.

Habakkuk 2:1- ..." I will station myself.."
Psalm 37:7- " Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act."

These verses are going to help me stay focused on being still and waiting on Him. Good ones to memorize. I talk to Him throughout the day, but I try to start my day off praying and really talking to him. Telling about my frustrations, my happiness, and anything that I am going through. He already knows it anyway so why not share it with Him. So today on my way to work I was begging, pleading, and just calling out to Him to help direct my path concerning this adoption. Are we doing what you want us to do? Is this really what you want or do we want it for ourselves? Will this bring Glory to you? So I sit alone in the car at 4:10 am this morning going to work no music on. Nothing. Just me talking to God and literally crying out for help... I wait to hear something... I get almost to work then my mind starts thinking about kids in an orphanage and I could feel God saying keep going. It will happen when I want it to happen. Then today I take Summer to Chick-Fil-A to get for dinner. When we started to walk inside who do you think comes out of the door? An older white couple probably grandparents both holding hands with a little black boy around the age of 2. He was so cute. He looked up at us and smiled. I said he was cute then we went inside to order our food. We sat down to eat then it hit me hard!! Like God was saying see there that could be your family if you just keep going!! I thanked God for that little bit of grace that he just gave me and we started eating our dinner. That is what I needed from God to let me know we are on the right path. It is so cool to me to see some of God's paint strokes for our lives. We might not see the whole picture until years later when it is a masterpiece! Until then, I will cherish the bits and pieces of whatever or however God wants to reveal himself to me...

Please keep praying for us and our family while we wait on that phone call to come!!! I can not wait for that day!! I probably won't be able to sleep for a week once I know that we have a referral and then to see his precious little face.... What that day will be like??? I can only imagine...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I remember very clearly how that wait feels, I remember crying out to God too. He is working, even when we can't see it. AND of course adoption is His Will. He will see you thru this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing story - thanks for sharing! It will happen. Just believe - a call from your social worker to ask you more details - I have to believe you are getting closer. AND that little boy - amazing. You will have your Connor soon

    ReplyDelete