The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Home Visit Updated

We had our home visit yesterday with our social worker to update everything. That was FUN!!!

Mark and I asked her tons of questions to when we might get a referral. We are at our fourth month of waiting so it looks good for us. BCSI sent out an email stating that if you are wanting a child between the age of 0-2 it could take up to 6-12 months after your dossier is in Ethiopia. Then if you want a child 2 and up it could take up to 4-8 months after your dossier is in Ethiopia. Our age range is 12-3.5 years old. She said it could happen at any time because we are at our fourth month of waiting. I really hope so. We told her we are SO ready for a picture!!! That would be closure for us knowing that he will soon be our son. I know it will be hard once we see his precious face and have to wait to travel. I think this is the hardest is not knowing when we will get his picture!!!! If I have a picture and get updates I can live with that until we bring him home. It will be a different type of waiting. It will be like a happy wait, because we know he is ours!!!

She loved his bedroom and she said we had everything done. So I hope she can put in a word on our behalf to let the Ethiopian team know that we can and are ready to travel at anytime. I don't know what more we can do?? All we can do now it give it to God and pray everyday that we will soon see our little prince!
Philippians 4:6- " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God."
I am saying this verse everyday to not let me get too worked up over when we are getting Connor, but to pray and give it up to God and be blessed with what we do have. Everything we have is a blessing from God. He is so good!! I know when we get our referral it will be a blessing and it will be GOOD!!!

Please keep praying for us and our family as we wait for our picture of our little guy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment