The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Ethiopian Trip

Mark, Summer, and I have been home for 5 days now trying to recover from jet lag. I have been trying to blog about our trip, but with being so tired Nd checking up with family it has been hard.

We all survived the long plane flights. I thought they would never end!! Summer did really good. She even tried to eat some of the food on the plane - which was not good! So glad we packed her tons of snacks to eat. We were digging in her bag by the time we landed in Addis.

When we landed in Addis we were so tired! After we got our money exchanged, travel visas, and found our luggage- we could not find our driver. Come to find out that we landed earlier than he thought. She we waited on him while people were coming up to us begging and wanting tips. Finally, we see him coming and he takes us to the guesthouse- Morning Coffee Guesthouse. Where we were greeted at the door by Mrs. Birtukan and her husband. I knew the minute we met them we were in a great place!

We were woken up early the next morning at 4:00 by a rooster. So we decided to get up and get dressed. They were picking us up early to go sightseeing and to a museum.

Then we went to lunch at Lucy's Restaurant and it was so good.

Then the next day we had to wake up around 4:30 to get ready to get on a plane that would take us to Mekele. That is where the orphanage our son is at. Mekele was different from Addis. There was not as many people and the driving was nice. It was a really neat place to visit. The orphanage staff were do nice to us and I could tell that they loved all the children there. They love our little boy. They didn't want him to cry at all. They all held him until he was comfortable around us. It took almost three hours for him to finally sit in my lap. Man, what an amazing time that was!! It wasn't long, but it melted my heart. I am more in love with our little boy than ever before. Here are a few that I put on Facebook.

We were able to stay at the orphanage until it was his nap time then we had to leave. It was so hard to leave, but we had to. Hopefully, we will be back soon to bring him home.

Then on Sunday we met two other families from our guesthouse that are adopting. Both families were on their Embassy trip. It was so nice to meet others while we were there. We all went to an International church service in Addis. The church service was great! We all then went out to lunch at the Golf Club. It was really nice.

Then on Monday Mark, Summer, and I had to go to court. We waited for almost two hours before the Judge even got there. Then when we were called back there - I knew something was wrong. We still didn't have the letter that we needed to pass court. The MOWA letter was there, but something was missing. So they rescheduled a new court date for April 17. Which is today. I don't think we will pass today either, but I will post either way.

The whole time in Ethiopia was a great experience. I am do glad we took Summer with us. She can not wait to go back to bring her little brother home. Keep praying for us as we wait again.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment