The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I was worried that I was going to be all sad since Connor still is not home with us yet, but God took care of my feelings. I am blessed to have a sweet little girl whom I cherish every minute that I am with her. She made my Mother's Day extremely special this year. Summer helped clean the house for me. She spent all day by my side (like any other day), but she made my day feel SO special.. She made me the most special Mother's Day card and a painted pot from school.







Here are a few pictures from our Mother's Day lunch at our house. My mom and sister came out to eat lunch with us. We all had a great time.




My sister bought me some basil and rosemary for my yard. I just love herbs. They make cooking so much better when they are fresh.




So I had a great Mother's Day! This will be my LAST Mother's Day without my sweet little boy. However, I did get a little Mother's Day present from BCS - he has his passport!! His picture is so cute on it. We are one step closer to becoming a family of four!! Not much longer!!

Please keep praying for us while we wait to travel for our Embassy appointment. We just can not wait!!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. So excited to hear about the passport. He will be home SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! We just can not wait to get him home. I know there are going to be challenges, but we are ready to start

    ReplyDelete