The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Moved?

Connor was moved on Monday to a new orphanage in Addis Ababa. He will be there until we go back on our Embassy trip. Really hoping that we will be back the first of June! We can't wait! I emailed them and asked how he did on the plane? The nanny that was with him said that he cried a lot and was uneasy. Once they got to the orphanage he wanted to be near the other kids. He was still a little upset by the time the nanny left. They said he was eating and sleeping good. That is a plus. I just pray that he will not be too scared. I don't know what is going on in his little head. It makes me sad that I can't be there to try to comfort him. I know God is watching over him for us until we can get there. I just hope is happens FAST!!!!

I found out today that he has a birth certificate now. They are working on getting his passport. Once they get this we can be submitted for an Embassy appointment. Maybe in a few weeks we will know when we are going back to Ethiopia.

Connor we are coming soon. We love you so much! We can't wait for you to join our family forever!!
We all want to hug, kiss and love on you! We want you to know how special you are to your birth family and to us. We will always pray for them and you will know where you came from. Hang on my sweet little boy- this will be the last month that you will be without us! WE LOVE YOU- mommy, daddy, big sister Sum!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. The birth certificate is great news. So excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete