The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Girl or Boy!!

Mark and I have decided to not purse the little boy that is three years old and has mild developmental delays. My social worker can not tell me for sure when we can get him or how long it would take. He is going to be behind and we just are not sure about it. We have decided that we would take a boy or a girl. Whichever comes to us. We really wanted a girl until this happened. Maybe we will get a referral sooner now. Who knows. We just want a child soon.

" Let your unfailing Love surround us, O Lord, for our hope is in you alone." -Psalm 33:22

This is what keeps me going. Knowing that God is Love. His love never leaves us. He is ALL we need!!! Going through this adoption without God would be unbearable. I couldn't imagine not talking to Him about everything that is going on in my life and getting peace through prayer. It is hard adopting, when you are a control freak. I am getting better and God is helping me with this. He is showing me to not worry about when we will get Mia or Connor. It will happen at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment