The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Friday, November 26, 2010

A Day To Chill

Today is the day after Thanksgiving and we are so full of turkey and all of the other foods we had. All I could think about yesterday as Mark, Summer and I would eat at our family's house was the little boy we don't have yet. I wonder if he is even born yet and if so I wonder how old he is now? What is he eating right now? Does he have enough food to eat? Is he living with his parents or at least one of them? Is he being cared for, tucked in bed at night? Has he been hugged, kissed and told that he is loved? As I sit with my daughter on my lap I wonder if he is being held by his parents. I am ALWAYS wondering how he is. I hope and pray that he is doing great and being prepared for us to one day go bring him home. I am so thankful for all that we have.

We all helped decorate a Ginger bread house. We have so much fun doing this every year. Thanks to Nana for always buying us one to do. Summer loves decorating it and is very good at it. Maybe next year Connor will be here to help.









Today I received two books in the mail for us to read to Connor once he becomes part of our family. I am hoping Summer will be reading great by then and she can read to him too. We still are waiting for three more books to come.








They are such good books. I cried while reading both of them. I am so emotional when it comes to this adoption. Mark just starts laughing at me. He says, " I am sorry, but I hope you don't cry every time you try to read this to Connor". I don't think I will once he gets here. I am just on an emotional roller coaster and I hope one day it will level out some. I hope the waiting will end soon and our adventure will be a new one with us as a family!! I can't wait for that day to come!!!!!
Please pray for us and our family that we will get a referral soon!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment