The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Home study approved for Ethiopia!!

Our home study is approved for us to adopt from Ethiopia!! We are so excited about it!! Our social worker sent off our I-600 approval to change to Ethiopia. It should not take too long for them to approve us. Whenever we get approved from the government we can sent our dossier to Ethiopia. We have everything that we need for our dossier except the approval from government. I hope it doesn't take too long. I am so ready for the adoption journey to be over with so we can start a new journey with our new son. It is going to be an exciting time once we get a referral and see his face. I know it is going to happen soon.

Mark and I have a manager at UPS who has adopted a boy 25 years ago. I was talking to him one day about us adopting and he told me that he had adopted. I would have never known this without him telling me. Mark and I found this out around the time we were thinking about switching countries from Taiwan to Ethiopia, but wasn't sure yet. After talking with him and seeing pictures of his son and his family I knew we needed to switch. It just felt right. Well, after we had decided to switch to Ethiopia to get a boy. He wrote letters for us (quickly) as a referral. He now is gone to have surgery on his knee which he will be gone for 6 months or so. Then when he comes back he might be somewhere else in the company. We truly believe he came to my work area to help us change to Ethiopia. I think God sent him to help us get our son home sooner. We started this adoption journey about a year ago. It has had it's own twist and turns, ups and downs, but God's plan is still going on. He has picked the child for our family and it might take some time, but we will be with him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment