The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Went To The Zoo

Today Summer and I went to the zoo for her last day of spring break. We had an awesome time together. We went all over the zoo. I could not believe all the people that were there, but it didn't stop Summer from seeing almost every animal. We had some ice cream then it was time to go. Here are some pictures of our day at the zoo.










Ice cream so cold!!!




I am so thankful to have Summer as my daughter. I am so thankful God is letting me parent her while she is here on earth. I hope I am doing the job that God wants me to do by her. I am praying everyday that I am. I want to be a good role model for her. I want her to grow up knowing the Lord and loving Him more than anything else. When you love the Lord unconditionally you will want to love others as well.
Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus replied: " Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second it like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

I have a friend at work that made Mark and I some matching rings for our 10 year anniversary. They are stainless steal with a cross engraved on the top of the rings. I wanted just one cross because that symbolizes there is only One Savior!! They really look good. I sold my engagement ring for our adoption and Mark's ring is messed up so I thought this would be nice to do for our anniversary. We were going to wait until July 21 to try to go to Florida and recite our vowels to one another, but we might have to wear them now. We are going to celebrate our everlasting love for one another and let God be in control of our marriage. It has been a happy 10 years and I can't wait to see what the next 10 may bring.



His



Hers

That has been my day!! Please keep praying for us while we wait to hear more from our adoption agency about what is happening in Ethiopia. We are in this for the long haul. I hope not too long!! We are going to keep following Him no matter where He leads us.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment