The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What to say?

Mark and I have been reading post and blogs talking about adopting from Ethiopia that it might take longer with the current situation over in Ethiopia. Here is an article about what the MOWA are trying to do in Ethiopia. http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/-Ethiopia-to-Cut-Foreign-Adoptions-by-Up-to-90-Percent-117411843.html

I just started crying when I read this article over the weekend. Not a good weekend!!! All I want is for a referral of our little boy and make him part of our family. How much more can one person take while going through the adoption process? We have already waited for a year for a referral from Taiwan and needed to switch to Ethiopia because it was going to take over 4 years. I knew we might have to wait for a while, but when you hear things are about to happen in the country you are trying to adopt from it makes you crazy!!!! I never thought it would be like this adopting!! I sometimes ask what is wrong with us or me? Are we not doing a good job with Summer that we might not deserve another child? Are we not blessed to have more kids? I want more kids, but this is making it hard for them to get here. Why is this happening again?? They are saying that the wait now could be over a year or two!! So we are waiting again.. Sigh!! I have been looking on the "waiting child list" not any kids there from our agency. I guess they are finding them homes. I am happy about that though I wish they would call us for a child. What happens if they close down the Ethiopian program? I guess that will be our answer to not keep going with the adoption. Mark and I will not switch countries again and would lose money if it shuts down. I pray that it doesn't and it gets better over in Ethiopia! I really want for our little Connor to become part of our family and soon!!

I also found out that Mark and I have to have 30 hours of training before we travel. Fun!!! More reading, watching online courses. I think we have half or most of the training already done, but not totally sure. Our social worker is going to tell me later on this week how much more we need. Never thought you would have to have all of this training to adopt a child. Where was the training when we had our bio. daughter Summer? We never had to have tons of training before leaving the hospital with a three day old baby. Why not?

I hope and pray that everything will get resolved in Ethiopia. I pray that the adoption process will not slow down too much to back everyone up to waiting even longer. I pray that God has a plan for all of this happening and He will get us through this journey with His help.

Please pray for Ethiopia and the families who are adopting from there. Thanks!! Keep praying!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are going through this. It is hard! And your journey seems extra hard. There are so many kids waiting for families why is this so difficult??? When I heard about the Ethiopia changes I thought about you and other friends adopting from Ethiopia. Just keep open to the waiting children. Maybe Connor will be on one soon. I will keep praying that you find your child soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I feel your pain - we will make it through. I have the EXACT same questions and feelings. I can't believe God brought us to this point, ONLY to take it away! I don't know what else to do - we just have to pray. Its hard for me - but you keep reminding me to keep the faith! We'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I needed to hear that you will be praying for us also and for all the families going through this.

    ReplyDelete