The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I have had such a busy week I just haven't had time to blog about Mother's Day weekend yet. So here goes. Summer woke me up early to wish me a happy Mother's Day and say, " I am the BEST mommy in the whole world." So sweet!! Summer made me a Mother's Day card by herself. It was so sweet. I just wanted to cry when I saw that she even drew Connor in the picture. She says, " Connor is not here yet, but he will be and he will love having you as his mommy! " So I started to cry again.... Here is a picture of the card.






It was so sweet of her to think of Connor too. I have been thinking of him on this day. I am wondering if he is with his mommy today on this Mother's Day or if he was just put into a place that seems so strange to him. I know wherever he is God is watching over him and taking care of him until he becomes part of our family. I was hoping I would have received a referral by now, but I am willing to wait!!! What a blessing he will be to us.

Mark and Summer bought me a cake that says I Luv Mommy and they drew Connor on it too. Summer was already on the cake. It was really good too.




Then my parents came out to eat lunch with us. It was a good lunch. Here are a few pictures of us while opening presents.

Kathza, Mimi, and Summer







Mark got me a couple of T-shirts from 147 Million Orphans. This is an organization that helps with the orphan crisis in the world. They are founded by two adoptive moms who want to help the orphans in the world. So cool. Check them out: 147millionorphans.com




Summer being funny!!









After opening up gifts Summer started to act up. Got into trouble. They all left and she was crying on the couch and I went outside to cry. The day started out great, then got worse, but the day ended up with us hugging and saying we were sorry. So it was still a good day. Just craziness in the middle!!!

I really don't know where we are at the orphanages. I don't know if we have been looked at yet by the Ethiopian team. I don't know how much longer it is going to be. I don't know when we will get a referral and a picture of our little boy. I do know that we are willing to wait as long as it takes for him to become part of our family. So here we are waiting while spring is gone, Summer is about to graduate from kindergarten in a couple of weeks, and summer time is about to begin..... Another season will be here and gone soon. I am praying by the next season we will have a picture of our little boy.....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment