The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Waiting......

Well, no news to tell as of right now. Just waiting..... I hope and pray we will have a referral soon. I keep seeing people get referrals and that is a good thing. At least I know they are coming in. I just want a picture, a name and to see how old he is. I can handle not traveling right a way. At least that is what I think. So we are doing projects around the house to keep busy. At least the house will have everything done before Connor gets here.

A friend of mine made me a couple things out of metal for our house. One is an African Shadowbox for our wall to symbolize our adoption journey to get Connor. Here is a picture.








He also made me a cool metal cross. I wanted him to make it look distressed so he hammered it all over to get that look. Here is a picture.



Thanks Michael for your creations!!!! You are a great friend to Mark and I...

I am going to try to start a support group at Hope for families who are in the adoption process, have adopted, or just wanting to know more about adoption. So we will see. I want to help other families who want to adopt, but don't think they have the money or the support to do it. I have a desire to help the orphans out in the world. I don't know everything about orphans, but I do know that as Christians we must look after them.

James 1:27-" Religion that is pure and undefined before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus helping orphans in the world. So please pray that I will find a way to start something that will help the orphans in the world.

So we are waiting on Connor to join our family... Please Lord, help make our hearts prepared for him and for whatever lies ahead. Help prepare him for our family, that he will join our family that truly loves him. We love him so much already and have not seen a picture of him. I hope and pray that we will get a picture of our little boy that lives so far away-- very soon!!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. praying for your family too! Connor will be home soon! I just feel it -hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail! I can feel it too! I just hope it happens soon!

    ReplyDelete