The McDade Family

My photo
Hi! Our names are Shannon, Mark and Summer McDade. We are a family of three wanting to expand our family through adoption. We were planning to adopt from Taiwan, but the wait has helped us change countries to Ethiopia. God has a purpose foreverything and we are going to stay faithful and follow Him.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Camping Trip Third Day

We had a great time at the river. We decided to go to Maumee to fish. We stayed there all day. It took us about 30 minutes to get to Maumee.

Summer with her fishing pole.


Summer and daddy walking down the path to Maumee to fish.


Mark caught all of the fish. I had a couple on my pole, but they jumpped off.


We love it here at Maumee. It is so peacful and nobody here excpt the people who are floating the river. I would love to have a cabin down here sometime later on. After fishing all day we went back to the campground and cooked the fish Mark caught.


The fish were so good and so fresh. Summer was so good today and had a lot of fun. I can't wait until we get another child in our home. I love being a mom and I have alot more love to give.

Later on that night we went to this place called Rush. It was a mining town a long time ago. There are a few houses still there, but not occupied except by ghost.





Kind of scarey if you ask me. Also there is a campground down here at Rush. We walked around it and NOBODY was there. It was completely empty. Mark and I heard some chains and we got spooked, jumped back into the car and left. Summer didn't hear it and I was glad. She already gets scared about everything. The river at Rush is deep and dark. Later we got back to camp and went to sleep. Well, we tried!!! There was a campsite that had about 30 people on it right behind us. And yes they stayed up way past quiet time. Around 3:00 am.!!!!!!So we were alittle annoyed. I hope tonight will be better.


Posted using BlogPress from



my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment